Summer is here. And I'm sure that most of you might already be suffering from sun tanning after exposure in the sun for hours, like me. On exposure to sunlight, skin produces a brown colored pigment called melanin, that protects itself form the harmful UV rays of the sun. Once you have suntan, its not easy to get rid of it completely. Here are some natural tips that you can use to lighten the suntan, if not completely reduce it.
1. Lemon juice- Mix some lemon juice with curd. Wash your face and pat dry it. Apply this paste for about 15 minutes and wash with warm water. Again pat dry and apply moisturizer. Continue doing this everyday, if you're going out in the sun everyday.
2. Potato- Peel off a potato and rub it on the tanned skin for 2-3 minutes and wash off normally. You can also use raw potato juice and apply it on the tanned area. Keep this for 15 minutes before washing it off.
3. Cucumber juice- Apply cucumber juice on the tanned area for 15 minutes before washing it off. Cucumber has vitamin C, which will naturally moisturize your akin and lighten its tone too. You can also make paste of cucumber juice and honey and apply this for the same amount of time. This paste is more suitable for dry skin.
4. Sandalwood powder- Mix some sandalwood powder with coconut oil ad almond oil. If you have dry skin, then apply this paste on the tanned area for half an hour. If you have an oily skin, apply it for only 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
5. Turmeric powder- Make a paste of curd, honey and a pinch of turmeric powder in it. Apply it on the effected area for 20-30 minutes and wash off with cold water.
So, that's all for this post. I hope you all liked it and do let me know if you try this out. :)
Do you have any tips to remove suntan naturally? Leave them in the comments below. I'd love to read them.
P.S. I need at least 50 followers to do a giveaway. So, don't forget to follow me. :)