Thursday, 28 March 2013

Product review: The body shop tea tree kit


Hey everyone,

          About two months ago, I got The Body Shop tea tree kit. I had heard a lot about tea tree oils and their benefits. Since, my skin is so prone to acne and pimples and tea tree is really good for that, I thought to give this a try. The kit has four products in it. There’s a tea tree facial wash, tea tree toner, tea tree moisturizer and tea tree oil. It was for Rs. 1895, which is a little pricey but I think it’s worth it.


          Mostly, I’m really happy with the oil. It’s just awesome. The guy at the counter told me to apply it directly on the pimples and the pimples will disappear within 24 hours and that’s what I did. It didn’t completely disappear, though, but give it 48 hours and they will totally disappear.  I only use this at night. But you can use it any time you want.

          First of all remove your makeup. Then wash your face with the facial wash. Take a damp cotton pad and pour a couple drops of the toner and dab the cotton onto your face. Then take two pea sized drops of the moisturizer on your fingers and apply it on your face. Then take a drop of the tea tree oil on your finger and apply it on your pimples. This is all I do at night to find a soft and pimple free skin by the next morning.

Positive points:

-  Very effective for acne prone skin.
-  Cruelty free products.
-  Easy to carry anywhere as it all comes in a small pouch.

Minus points:

-  I don’t really like the smell of it.
-  It irritates my eyes.
-  The moisturizer tube is way too small as compared to the other products.

So, that’s all for today’s post. I hope you all liked it and do let me know if you try it out.

Read my previous product reviews here:

Which is your best product of tea tree?

P.S. I need at least 50 followers to have a giveaway. So, don’t forget to follow me. J

4 comments: